Gold is a very precious metal and so is the jewelry made from it. It is a soft metal and mixed with different metals for strength, hardness and durability. Gold bracelets are common pieces of jewelry that are very popular and owned by women world over. These come in intricate designs and in more colors than one. Gold is primarily lustrous and yellow in color but is often treated to give it a different tint like pink or white. Jewelry pieces in white gold are extremely popular owing to the classy look and sophistication. Since gold is an inherently soft metal, it is more susceptible to scratches. This makes it important for you to take appropriate care for your precious bracelet so that it remains as good as new over the years.
Below we discuss a few simple steps about how to clean a gold bracelet.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid.
- Place the bracelet in this solution and let it soak for at least ten to fifteen minutes
- After it sits in the solution for the requisite time, rub the bracelet gently with your fingers
- You can also use a soft bristled brush or cotton swab to get rid of dust particles lodged within the bracelet
- After you have thoroughly cleaned the bracelet, run it under warm water to rinse it.
- Dry it on a soft cotton cloth or any other lint free fabric. Leave it to dry well for a few hours before you put it back.
- You can also use jewelry polishing cloth or use jewelry cleaning kits. But remember to follow the instructions to avoid adverse results.
- If you have precious stones or gems set in your bracelet, check the setting. If you find any stone that appears loose, go to a professional jeweler immediately to get it repaired.
In addition to the steps discussed above, there are a few more things you need to do to protect and preserve your gold bracelet.
- Remember to store it in a soft velvet pouch or bag or box. Keep it separate from other jewelry pieces to avoid scratching.
- Also keep in mind to take off the bracelet while indulging in extensive activities like swimming, cleaning, cooking, gardening, etc.
These practices will help you preserve your gold bracelet in great condition, irrespective of whether you continue to retain it for personal use, pass it on to the future generation or sell it for something new!